For Coronavirus (COVID-19) city officials have taken the following preventative measures for the safety of the city employees, residents and visitors to our city. The preventative measures below will follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Mississippi State Department of Health.
- The risks for most people are low according to the CDC, but common sense steps can prevent contracting or spreading respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. These include:
- Covering your mouth when sneezing and coughing
- Disinfecting often, as City Hall is presently doing. This is includes: bathrooms, surfaces, computers, cell phones in both offices and homes.
- See a doctor if you are sick and by no means go to work if you are sick.
- The washing of hands often and use of hand sanitizers, as well as keeping hands away from the face, mouth and eyes is vital.
- Board Meetings will be held with the press and only those that are speaking in the meeting. Those in attendance should stay at least six feet apart.
- City employees should use gloves and masks while performing their job (Public Works) and Police and Fire Fighters should follow established procedures.
- All city administrative employees should take proper precautions when making contact with the public (masks, gloves, and six feet spacing)
- Public gatherings exceeding ten or more people should be postponed. Spacing of six feet is recommended.
- The city encourages “food to go” and call-in order to food establishments.
- Corinth Gas and Water will not disconnect services for the next sixty (60) days.
- City travel will be postponed until further notice.
- It is strongly encouraged that people who have recently traveled practice self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days.
- These preventative measures are subject to change in accordance with state and federal directions guidelines and applicable laws.
Please visit www.msdh.ms.gov or call 1-877-978-6453. City Hall can be reached at 662-286-6644 or 662-286-6645.